Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday Geoff

Although a couple of days belated (on blogger that is), I want to wish my dear Geoff a very happy 40th birthday. I know that he has mixed emotions about turning 40. I'm sure that most people do. I know that when the day comes for me to enter into my 40's that I'll have some hesitations combined with anticipation for a new decade!

One thing that Geoff has said, especially since he's turning 40, is that he wishes he had started having kids earlier. I think he's a bit nervous about being 40 when he has his first child. However, I told him that he is far from alone in this journey and that, in reality, he wouldn't have been ready even 5 or 6 years ago for having kids. There is no set age for starting a family (especially as a guy for biological reasons). It has to be when you are ready. Ready to make decisions for yourself as well for another little person who needs guidance and support.

So I told Geoff that turning 40 should be a time for celebration as this is the start of a new chapter for him with many many more years of things to look forward to...including the raising of our child.

No comments: