Sunday, January 15, 2012

17 weeks

Twenty-three weeks to go.....

The last two weeks have flown by. I'm not sure if it's the busyness at work or the constant running after a 5 year old that seems to making this pregnancy speed by somewhat faster than the last one. Either way, I love being busy and so I'm not complaining. The countdown continues to June.

On the new house front, we have been delayed by another couple of months with regards to our closing. I'm not thrilled about that, but as long as they aren't setting the closing for the month of June, then I'm actually quite happy. Perhaps the end of summer would be a better time to move? 

I had my 16 week appointment last week and all seems to be going quite well. The heart rate was at 145bpm, which is right around where Mira's heart rate was when I was pregnant with her. There are so many myths surrounding the heart rate. Slower heart rate means boy...etc,. According to this theory, however, Mira would have been a boy. So I'm not relying on this as a way of finding out if we'll be expecting a son or a daughter. Instead, I have booked my ultrasound for the 27th of January and we'll hopefully find out then if we should be picking out a girls name or a boys name :) Let's keep our fingers crossed that baby co-operates.

No comments: