Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ah....spring (?)

It's the end of April and by now, we've had at least a handful of days that allow us the freedom to choose between pants and shorts without fear of looking crazy.

So far, we've had MAYBE one. That MAYBE is that I think we had the freedom of choosing between a heavy sweater or a lightweight sweater. No shorts (except for 2 hours on Thursday night where is suddenly skyrocketed up to 25 degrees to suddenly drop back down to 10 degrees only hours later).

So am I disappointed in spring so far? Yes, but I'm also making most of what sunshine we do get. I get Grayson out in the stroller for a walk to downtown Georgetown, which is only a ten minute walk away. Grayson loves watching the cars go by and squeals with excitement when we go down the hill.

We wander around, taking in the sunshine. I grab a coffee from my favourite little cafe and we enjoy the sights. Am I wearing my sandals and sundresses yet? Definitely not, but it's not stopping me from enjoying what I can.

I spent most of last summer still wearing a lot of my maternity stuff as I regained my figure after Grayson so I am excited to be able to make the most of my favourite tanks, shorts and skirts!! C'mon summer!!!

No comments: