Monday, April 1, 2013

Chocolate....chocolate and more chocolate.....

Easter is a time of pastel colours, tulips, daffodils, pretty dresses and little handsome dress shirts. It is a time of going to church and spending time with family gorging on turkey and all the fixings. It is ANOTHER time of year when the kids get to stuff their faces full of chocolate and spend the rest of the weekend going berserk as the sugar takes over the mind and body of our little cherubs.

Ah Easter. How I love you as a holiday and how I loathe you.

I loathe the piles of chocolate that tempt me every.single.minute.of.the.day. It's not even the good chocolate. It's the crappy chocolate foiled eggs. It's not good chocolate, but somehow, the pretty little foil wrappers make them DELICIOUS. The giant solid bunnies with the blank look in their candy eyes make it less torturous to break off an ear, leg or tail and chow down. I especially love the chocolate bunnies with nuts or rice crispies in them. Glorious.

I am a sucker for chocolate. I love it. I could eat a ton of it everyday if I had no will power. Any dessert I eat, I much prefer to it to be as stuffed full of chocolate as possible. Brownies. Chocolate mousse. Chocolate fudge smothered in chocolate syrup.

This year, I decided to fight my own desire to buy $80 worth of the brown goodness for my kiddos (one of which can only look at it anyways) and buy more practical, fun toys. Toys that won't cause my daughter to fall into a sugar coma and turn her into a defiant little being (too much sugar and junk causes her to seriously act out).

Oh, but how I will dream about the chocolate that could have been.....

No comments: