Friday, April 12, 2013

Snow Day

 Today we had a "snow day". Really it was a "freezing rain day". I woke up this morning to an email from the school board saying that all the buses were cancelled today.

I love having Mira home on these days. I chose not to drive her into school today, anticipating that come time to pick her up in the afternoon (when the freezing rain storm was to be at it's worst), the roads would be very treacherous. Considering she gets bussed to the other end of town for her french immersion, this was not something I wanted to do.

Instead, I kept Mira home from some mother-daughter-son-brother time.

It left me with the question: what to do on a freezing day. Well, we did make the most of it. We walked to the kidsignment store (consignment store of kids stuff) and the kids got to play in the toy section. I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for a toy they may fall in love with in there.
 After the consignment store, we went over to the libary. The new Georgetown library is beautiful. It has a huge kids section filled with an area for group story time and computers. They also have a space for younger kids (Grayson's age and up) where they can play with puzzles and other toys. It was perfect.

Mira sat in her bean bag chair and read about a million books. Grayson exhausted himself by crawling all over the library in search of the perfect toy.

Oh I am coming appreciate freezing rain/snow days :)

No comments: