Sunday, April 7, 2013

Two Months to Go

I have about two months before I have to go back to work. I have until June 17th off with my little man and my little girl. It will be tough transitioning back to work after having a year off to be a stay at home mom.

I have mixed emotions about returning to work. I hate leaving my kids at home, in the care of someone else other than me. I will hate not being able to schedule play dates for mid-day, mid-week. The perks are that I will be making money again, which will allow us to do a lot more for and with our kids. We can travel. We can put them in activities (soccer, etc) and it will afford us some luxuries like having new reliable cars. It will allow us the occasional date night or dinner out at a restaurant.

I am lucky that this time around, I will be returning to work in a very "kid friendly" position. I will be home for bed each and every night. I will be home for dinner with the kids each and every night.

I will also have some time to work on some of my goals outside of the home. Work is a great place to be for me. I do enjoy the people I work with and I love my job. I am lucky that I enjoy what I do. It makes it more fulfilling for me and it makes it easier to justify spending some time away from my kids.

I will make the most of the rest of my year off before re-joining the workforce. Back to the reality of the two-income family, which seems to be necessary to live in the GTA.

No comments: