Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby Engaged

Baby G's head is officially engaged. It means that his head is no longer floating around freely in the womb. Rather, his head has now descended into the pelvis and is going to, at some point very soon, start working on getting me dilated and encourage labour.

Although this step doesn't mean that labour is necessarily imminent, but it does mean that things are starting up. We have less than 3 weeks to go until the big due date and they say that second babies don't normally engage until right before labour. So I'm really not sure what this means for us. Our doctor basically said to be ready to go at anytime.

My pelvic bones feel like they are bruised and that they could possibly crack. I guess this is a sign that he really is quite low and putting pressure on everything. It's quite uncomfortable. It makes walking a real treat (note: sarcasm).
As much as I'm uncomfortable right now, and getting more so by the day, it is encouraging to know that things are finally progressing and that labour is around the corner. Yay!!

I'll keep you posted here in the next few weeks. 20 days to go.....

In other news, I'm officially on maternity leave. One year away from work to focus on nothing but family. I love it and I can't wait to spend time with Mira one on one before Baby G arrives.

No comments: