Sunday, May 27, 2012

24 Days to Go.....

We are in the final countdown until baby G makes his grand arrival.

I am starting feel the familiar sensations that I did with Mira before she came along. Our little 6lb (approximately) boy is starting to feel heavy in my body and I'm starting feel like my pelvis won't be able to take much more. He's been having great little growth spurts at his appointments. He has continued to impress me with his martial arts abilities in the womb.

We have finally put everything in place. Car seat is installed and ready to go. I have had the nesting instinct kick in full tilt and I vacuumed and cleaned out the van today (with Geoff's help) so that our little family can be brought home from the hospital in a nice clean vehicle (not that baby will care about if the van is vacuumed or not).

We have had our hospital tour and marked out our route to the hospital.

The final preparation is our shower this weekend where all of our friends and family will get together one last time before the little guy gets here. Our friends Heather and Edd, Brenna and Jay will be there with their new arrivals too. So it'll be a "welcome to the world" party for little Zoe and Kingsley as well. I'm hoping to make it a celebration for Mira as well as she will soon fall into the role of "big sister". It's an exciting time for my little Mira. Getting ready to welcome her baby brother into the world.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So exciting! Hope the next bit goes smoothly :)!
Kristen