Sunday, March 4, 2012

24 Weeks

Here we are at 24 weeks. I'm finished 6 months of pregnancy and I move into month 7. "Little G" (for Little Geoff) as we call him, weighs 1.3-1.5lbs and is about a foot long (12-13inches). The little guy is constantly moving and shaking in there. The kicks to the ribs haven't started yet, but at the rate we are going, it won't be long now. Kicking and punching my bladder seems to be "Little G"'s favourite hobby.

I am feeling really good besides all of the kicks and frequent trips to the bathroom. Getting comfortable at night can be a challenge, but I'm not finding it hard to actually fall asleep.

A typical question I'm being asked right now is "are you craving pickles and ice cream?" The answer is no. With Mira I had more food aversions than cravings. I have the same aversions with this guy as I did with Mira. I love all "beige" foods. Breads. Bananas. Arrowroot cookies. Rice. Pasta. Eggs. Greek Yogurt.

I do not love fish right now. I'm usually a pretty decent fan of the stuff.

Only a few more months to go until we get to meet our little guy. The countdown begins and Geoff cannot wait to meet his little boy. Mira is excited to meet her little brother and constantly comes up with new and exciting names for him. Tonight, she wanted to name him "ketchup". I'm really glad that she doesn't have final say.


No comments: