Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Daddy-O

In the past 3 1/2 weeks, Geoff has proven to be an incredible Daddy to little G. He has loved every minute of fatherhood thus far (and it helps that he doesn't have to get up for midnight feedings or suffer through the initial stages of breast feeding). He has been an incredible support to me and has really stepped up to the plate when it comes to Mira. He has gone out of his way to make sure that Mira still has her "special" time, some one-on-one attention since Grayson has arrived. I'm so fortunate for such a loving and considerate partner. He has made the initial days after baby #2 so easy. He has taken care of all of the other things in the house and I've taken care of baby Grayson and Mira. Sharing the load makes it so much more enjoyable and less stressful.

He has been the rock on the days when I've been with little sleep and may be emotionally stretched to my max. Never has he shown his frustration with the late night feedings, fussiness or the consuming nature of breast feeding. I am blessed that I have found a man who can truly be an equal partner. Parenting, especially in the early weeks and months, can really test a couple. So far, we've been a steady ship in some rough waters. Our baby boy has been incredibly good and easy. We have remained respectful and kind, despite the irritability we sometimes feel due to sleep deprivation. We have remained affectionate and loving. These elements are key.

 I feel blessed for 2 children who have been so content. I am blessed on so many levels. Geoff, I love you with all my heart and I love that you are the father of our son. I couldn't have chosen a better man. Our little family has grown in such a magnificent way and I love what we have created together. 



1 comment:

Kristen said...

Such a wonderful feeling to have an amazing partner! Congrats to all of you again, and M is such a wonderful big sister. Little G is blessed to have all of you!
Hugs, Kristen