Monday, February 6, 2012

Seeing the Positive

I was reading through an old blog entry of my friend Maryanne. This blog entry was from almost exactly a year ago. Funnily enough, it was the last blog entry that she had written. She is the type of girl who likes to take the occasional hiatus from interneting. Yes, the word "interneting" is likely made up but I find it quite appropriate. Those of you who use the internet as a source of entertainment know what I'm talking about. Just like "googling" something with the Google search engine.

Back to my friend. In her last post, she wrote about her relationship with her husband and all of the things that she is constantly working on to keep her long marriage with her husband strong and mutually supportive and fun. It's hard work! Anyone who has been in a long term relationship knows that every day that relationship needs attention, nuturing and maintenance. You leave it too long and it may not be there when you get back.

Whenever I read these insightful and admirable blog entries, I always think of Geoff and I and where are our strengths lie. Yes, there are always things to improve on and ways we can each get better, but why not focus on the positive instead? Realizing the positives just give you more incentive to improve and work harder. At least that's my philosophy.

Geoff and I know how to spend 24/7 together. Literally. We work together (10 hours a day), we commute together (another 2 hours), we live together. We often play together but we do have our quality time with our own friends and our own interests, which helps to keep us strong individuals.


We have battled some pretty tough times, but we always know how to support one another when the times get tough. Determining the success of a relationship doesn't happen during the good times, it happens when you encounter the worst of times.




No comments: