Monday, February 20, 2012

Family Day

T
Today is Family day. For everyone else, it's a statutory holiday. For Geoff and I, it's a regular day at work. Our employer doesn't observe this holiday. So, I took the day off to spend it with Mira. I don't know why they couldn't choose to have the holiday during the nice part of the year (ie, summer) but it is nice to have a holiday when you need it most. Mid-winter is a time of year when people tend to fall into a funk and need a day off work to spend some time with their spouse and children.

Mira and I have a big trip planned today.....to the local McDonald's. I am not a fan of McDonald's (except their coffee) overall. I do, however, have a love of their indoor playground. Mira shares this love of course.

I have never been a big fan of their food to begin with. Up until recently, they didn't seem to care too much about the quality of food that they were serving. They are starting to offer some healthier options which is much appreciated. The other thing that I don't like is Mira's seeming obsession with it. Every time we drive by the golden arches, she's talking about McDonald's. I know this is because her father takes her there quite often. She really does go on and on about this place. We, unfortunately, have a McDonald's on a corner near our house and we have to pass it if we are going anywhere. For a place I'm not a fan of (again, except their amazing coffee in the morning!) she really is a McDonald's pusher. It has caused some arguments here and there and a few timeouts. That's why I don't like it. Period.

So, today, for the 2nd in time in about 5 years, I have agreed to take Mira to this seemingly magical place that puts magic spells on 5 year olds. She has been excited about this trip since Friday and the only thing I"m looking forward to is a) enjoying their coffe and b) having Mira burn off some steam in there while I get to catch up with a buddy of mine. Should be a pretty good afternoon!

So, wherever you spend your Family Day, have a good one!! The sun is shining and Mira is in an excellent mood. The golden arches are calling...

No comments: