Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Thanks

Thanksgiving weekend is here again. I love this weekend every year. It offers the best combination ever. Fantastic food, wonderful fall weather and scenery and my daughter's birthday.

 My precious first born Mira. My sensitive beautiful little soul. She thrives on the beauty in the little things that I tend to take for granted every day. She sees the beauty in everything.

She is a caring girl who offers me hugs when she somehow senses that I need it most. She is intuitive and to me, she seems to have this way about her that tells me she is wise beyond her years. For those who believe in reincarnation, she is an old soul.
Everyday she makes me proud. Every single morning she lights up my day with her smile and crazy morning hair.

Her humour is outstanding. Her perspective on things is entertaining and often times makes me stop and say "hmmm.Never thought of it that way". Pretty awesome from a 6 year old.

This year we celebrated by taking 13 kids and their parents to Lil Monkeys indoor play gym. The kids could run off all the of pent up energy while the adults sipped on free coffee and lounged in big comfy leather chairs and couches. It was fantastic.

After the party, we turned around to race home and prepare our turkey dinner. We shared the night with our much loved friends and family. Geoff's Thanksgiving turkey turned out just as great as last year's turkey. We enjoyed ham, squash, veggies....and of course pie :) What a great night. Love love love Thanksgiving.
It was also the last Thanksgiving in our little house.

Good progress is being made in our new place. Windows and doors are installed and shingles are being applied. Love seeing the creation of our new family home.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I know that some of our family and friends are going through some really tough times right now. I am thinking of them and wishing them a happy thanksgiving.

No comments: