Sunday, June 17, 2012

Big Daddy

Today, Geoff and I celebrated our own little "Father-to-Be" Day. Geoff is going to become a Daddy for the first time any day now. The anticipation is killing us. Only 3 days until baby G is supposed to hit his expiration date.

We were crossing our fingers that little G would show up before Father's Day, however, it didn't happen. Little G is apparently very comfortable in there. He's waiting for the perfect opportunity to make his appearance. :)

To celebrate, we walked with Mira and Austin into Glen Williams to take in the Big Daddy Festival. This is a festival that takes place in different spots throughout Georgetown. In Glen Williams (which is about a 20 minute walk), they had all the artistic stuff for kids to do. Mira painted a big mural, listened to some music and coloured a picture of Astro Boy (does anyone remember this cartoon!?). We then hiked a bit further down the road to the Beaumont Mill. Here, Mira was able to paint a boat (yes, a real sized boat!) and decorate a cupcake. Mira threw on a plastic dress to protect her clothes and then set right to work on painting a giant octopus and shark on the side of this boat. It really was the highlight for her.

Mira's painting on the boat. It's a shark and "Don't Touch. Love Mira"
Mira got to spend some time with her father and grandfather today as well. We got her back just before dinner and my treat to Geoff for his "Father-to-Be" status, was to take him out to dinner. We aren't big into gifts (except Christmas and Birthdays) and we prefer to just spend time together and say some nice words to eachother via cards. Time together with Mira means a lot more to us then just spending money on something for the sake of it. So we hit up our favourite Thai restaurant here in town and Geoff was able to enjoy some Thai beer :)

What a great way to spend Father's Day. We got to relax, take in some warm weather and Mira got to partake in some pretty cool things. Taking in all the family stuff that Georgetown has to offer is truly one of my favourite things to do. Georgetown is so family orientated and everything is geared towards children and family. That's what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about our town. Father's Day and the Big Daddy festival is just one great example of that.

Happy Father's Day to all of my Dad friends out there and of course to my own father, David. My Dad has always been a source of inspiration for me. He has encouraged me in the areas of athletics, education, parenting, my personal life and relationships and my career. His support has never been ignored. He has been there through thick and thin for me and continues to be my rock. Love you Dad!

Geoff is a man that I can be proud of and has certainly blown me away with his love for Mira and I. He is such a family man who has shown me that family is his priority. He is going to make an exceptional father and he is everything I could ever want. He is deserving of such happiness and good fortune. We look forward to what the next few weeks  will bring with the arrival of our little peanut and all of the wishes for a Father-to-Be coming true. Love you baby, thank you for being such an incredible father-to-be of our son. xoxoxo 

No comments: