Saturday, March 9, 2013

Girls Night Out

Here I am at the age of 34. Once again, as it does every year (as of recent history), it snuck up on me and without fully realizing, I turned another year older. I am another year deeper into my 30's.

What do you do for your birthday when all you really want is to spend some quality time with your best friends, drinking some wine (or beverage of choice.....like say....Red Bull) and doing something RELAXING.

Rather than hitting up a bar or club, I opted to try something that involved working at a much slower pace that most of my friends and I are used to. We all have some major stressors on our plates and many of us have kids that can limit the activities we can partake in (without disaster and destruction). 

So, for this year, we all trekked out (and I mean TREK) to the Alton Mill Art Centre (in, you guessed it, Alton) where there is a painter by the name of Mark Grice. Mark teaches you how to paint. He teaches you to paint one of several pictures (your choice) and you spent 3 hours, wine (beer, coffee, red bull...) in hand, painting. You paint and you forget about the diapers and the feedings. You forget about the stressful jobs or the bills that need to be paid. You just paint.

A group of  my closest girlfriends came out and it was exactly the birthday I had hoped for. Spending time with those that mean the most to me. Another year older, but another year richer. I am a lucky girl to be so rich in friends that are incredibly good to me. Love all of you ladies who make life fun and memorable. Cheers!


No comments: