Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympics

I love Olympic time. I know that most Canadians would agree with me. It's a time when the country comes together to cheer on our Canadian athletes wherever they may be in the world, working hard to make us and their families proud.

Such admiration I have for the athletes in the Olympics. Such time and dedication it takes to be of that caliber. So much heart break and so much joy they must feel along the way in their journey to athletic greatness.

Being of the track/cross country world, I can put myself in their shoes and imagine the overwhelming excitement they must feel. They get to compete in the greatest competition of all in the sports that they love. I remember feeling that way competing in the CI's and OUA's in University.....let alone if I were to have ever made it to the Olympics!

Speaking of athletics....I have finally started working out again. About 2 weeks ago I took my first step into the gym to start getting myself back into shape. I'm very excited to work on getting my body back to where it was prior to pregnancy. There seems to be so many limitations when pregnant and I have so much that I want to do now that I'm not preggo. I have this next year to perhaps try something a little new. I was able to maintain basic fitness while pregnant with my daily bouts on the bike or elliptical, but it's just maintenance. So I wouldn't have to start completely from scratch once I was okay to start working out again post baby.

Geoff has his BJJ twice a week and then come fall he'll have his hockey (work and beer league) so I want to have something to have for myself. For the time being, I have my time at the gym and once I have some fitness back then I'll take on a new sport. Thinking of options......

No comments: